Irish in the Italian mafia..

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Irish in the Italian mafia..

Unread post by BendyThumbs » April 2nd, 2005, 9:03 am

lol no problem, i have heard them use both, but more commonly Calabrese like you said. My bad.

BTW another group you can look up if you are interested is: Camorra

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » April 2nd, 2005, 9:29 am

lol i have heard them use calabrian but only in toronto lol and the ones that dont speak a word of italian

paulie

Unread post by paulie » April 2nd, 2005, 5:08 pm

Im not even going to keep sending replys about this after this 1. U guys think wht u want to. If the internet and other sources know it all then there would be no "mob". The media only knows about half of whts going on in the mob. u would have to know certain people to to only kind of know whts going on.

MeyerLansky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeyerLansky » April 4th, 2005, 5:10 am

LOL

smokelikeaboat

Unread post by smokelikeaboat » May 29th, 2005, 9:54 am

I have an uncle in the Sicilian mafia in Chicago. He started as a soilder and is now an executive. He will never be a made man because YOU DO have to be 100% Sicilian. This is a fact!

VesselOfDeath

Unread post by VesselOfDeath » June 14th, 2005, 8:43 am

Irish had their own mobs, the "Morans", etc. Anyway, its all stupid. Look at those Gotti clowns on tv. Haha, spoiled little faggots.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 15th, 2005, 9:03 pm

TheWatcher wrote:yeah, i just watched GOODFELLAS and both jimmy and henry (deniro and liotta) were Irish but in the italian mafia..
whats up with that? hehe.. i thought the mafia (italian-sicilian mafia) was pure sicilian?..
and why Irish especially? is it something special between italians and irish?

peace

Italians and Irish have been cool for a LONG time. Where have you been brother? There was tension in the 1800's when everyone was claiming their turf in the American cities, but we've been cool with the Italians for a LONG ass time. Its special because the Irish and the Italians are one of the few whites that these hip hop, urban style gangs wont f*ck with.
They dont DARE come in our neighborhoods. Plus alot of Italins are Catholic like us and hispanics. That has a big part in who the Irish are friends with.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 15th, 2005, 9:07 pm

BlaKK wrote:There are no members of Irish Descent in the Mob. Before you are made, they trace your Roots all the way back to the Begining, any trace of any Irish Blood you can not be made. Its been that way for 80 Years now. There very loyal to the Roots.

Then explain Sammy "The Bull" Gravano. Half Irish.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 15th, 2005, 9:09 pm

BendyThumbs wrote:Paule there is no one in ANY of the 26 families who has been MADE who is not Italian. There are associates, but there are NO made members. Don't go telling me i don't know anything, when you are obviously so far in left field even about your basic knowledge.

If you still don't believe me then feel free to do some research and tell me someones name who isn't. I guartnee you can't.

SAMMY THE BULL

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BendyThumbs » June 15th, 2005, 9:42 pm

Sammy the Bull Gravano, Italian as they come, just look at his last name. THe guys father is Italian, it states it in his book and is quite obvious. He is not Irish, and to be made in New York only your father has to be Italian and your mother white. Just look at Junior Gotti.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » June 15th, 2005, 9:46 pm

I know he Italian brother. Salvatore Gravano? No mick would have a name like that.

His mother was Irish though bro.

One of you'se guys were sayin that you cant be Irish at all to be made, and that mother f*cker was made. True phsyco.

His pops was Italian

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

-

Unread post by BendyThumbs » June 16th, 2005, 1:25 pm

Yeah in New York only the father has to be italian and the mother white

peezhead

Unread post by peezhead » September 26th, 2006, 10:55 pm

HALF ITALIAN HALF WHITE...

ITALIAN IS WHITE!!!

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » September 27th, 2006, 1:34 am

There was a lot of italian/irish marriages

LUPOMANERA

full italian to be made??

Unread post by LUPOMANERA » October 1st, 2006, 8:16 pm

...yep! hey up until luciano a napolitano connected w/ old mafiosi n squashed a lot of old mustache petes in late 30 s you had to be full sicilian ..but now thats changed but you still got to be full italian to be made..except i know in new orleans not in syndicate you still have to be full sici !!

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Re: full italian to be made??

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » October 2nd, 2006, 1:36 pm

LUPOMANERA wrote:...yep! hey up until luciano a napolitano connected w/ old mafiosi n squashed a lot of old mustache petes in late 30 s you had to be full sicilian ..but now thats changed but you still got to be full italian to be made..except i know in new orleans not in syndicate you still have to be full sici !!

in a class i took they said they open the books in NY to people who arent full Italian nowadays bc soo many Italians have went to jail or been killed that recruitment had been low and they needed a way to get their numbers up..so now they open the books every so often for half-breeds. If you had to be full Italian to be made then like said before Junior Gotti wouldnt be a made man right now.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » October 2nd, 2006, 8:04 pm

These guys are good to have as family friends. The street gangs are good to have as backup, and if organized, they can be some good muscle...

3 million at my disposal through one person. Imagine what those millions offer me through them. Hundreds of billions, if not trillions of dollars to be made...

One year is all it takes.

nast mang

Unread post by nast mang » December 18th, 2006, 10:29 am

what if you are black and italian

like giancarlo esposito

or kid capri

or roy campanella

lmfao

whos name was really leroy

imagine a leroy in the italian mob

casalem
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Italian Mafia is changed

Unread post by casalem » January 3rd, 2007, 6:35 pm

Im a northern italian guy n i live near milan.First of all i want to clarify that only southern italians join the mafia or however u call the italian mob n only in the south of italy except some exceptions we have mafia's business.Southern italians r pretty different from northern ones.The first ones live in the poorest part of italy n most of ppl have as first languge their dialect(If i went to some southern italy's periphery maybe i couldn't understand wat ppl say).Since the 19th century there have been an armed organization who controlled southern italy like a government cuz the real one didn't care bout Meridione(southern italy)problems,which were a lot.The italian government started fightin the mafia only in the 1980's when brave cops n judges decided to risk their life against the corrupted southern politicians who protected the mafiosi.A lot of those cops n judges were killed by Cosa Nostra n Camorra but thanks to their sacrifice thousands of mafia members were arrested.
During that period the mob was severely hit n had to change his way to do.The mafia's murders considerably decreased cuz mafia's bosses understood that if they killed less ppl, police n government attention would go down.That's wat happened n is happening in italy:my government thinks southern mob lost most of his power but that is not true.In addition to the drugs deal they still control part of the public administration,some politicians,some industries;they also give jobs to the poorest ppl to have lower social classes protection(omertà=i couldn't find the english translation).im lucky to live in the north where there r no mafia's problems but i lose much of my money for them cuz the italian politicians think that to help THE south of italy the north has to work for it too;but they don't understand that all the money we send there goes to mafia's control.I REALLY HATE MY COUNTRY

Ca.Kid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Ca.Kid » February 6th, 2007, 1:39 am

I been told by both sides, is that the Irish and Italian are race enemies...dont know why..they just hate each other..and there mobs bump heads..and theres actually more of a connection between the jewish mobsters and the Italian mobsters because of a truce...and became business partners...but the Irish mob goes at it with the Italian and so forth.

Boston_sean

irish in the italian mafia

Unread post by Boston_sean » April 3rd, 2007, 4:22 pm

well u used to not be able to be made if you wernt 100% italian then the old mob feel apart nd we people liek Gotti came around so it got slack kinda liek that whole code of silence thing to

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: irish in the italian mafia

Unread post by Odog » April 4th, 2007, 8:03 am

Boston_sean wrote:well u used to not be able to be made if you wernt 100% italian then the old mob feel apart nd we people liek Gotti came around so it got slack kinda liek that whole code of silence thing to

That's not why.It's because allot of Italians marry with Americans not of Italian descent.So there were no more 100% Italian guys,so they had to change the rules.

Boston_sean

Re: irish in the italian mafia

Unread post by Boston_sean » April 5th, 2007, 10:22 am

Odog wrote:
Boston_sean wrote:well u used to not be able to be made if you wernt 100% italian then the old mob feel apart nd we people liek Gotti came around so it got slack kinda liek that whole code of silence thing to

That's not why.It's because allot of Italians marry with Americans not of Italian descent.So there were no more 100% Italian guys,so they had to change the rules.

true true dint think bout that

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 27th, 2007, 4:09 pm

No way an Irishman is going to be made in La Costra Nostra. It's not going to happen. They can be associates but they'll never be made. Guys like Jimmy Conway (Jimmy Burke in the movie) and Henry Hill, who were associates under Paul Vario one of the most feared Capos in the Lucchese crime family, acted under the neighborhood Capo's authority. Jimmy was also associated with Irish gangsters in Hell's Kitchen. That Robert's Lounge crew was one scary crew too. I read on Wikipedia the FBI thinks Jimmy alone did over 50 murders including women and children. Sent a cold shiver up my spine to read that. A straight psychopath. Tommy was too. Tommy allegedly was done in by John Gotti for killing Foxy a close friend of Gotti's after he allegedly raped Foxy's sister. I read that Henry thought he was too after he killed Spider. Henry was next and was smart to take the deal. I think there's a new pilot reality series being shot right now about Henry's life. Should be interesting.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » May 27th, 2007, 6:12 pm

Nowadays i would say they let you in if your half italian, not all crime families but some.
Most dudes who ive met who have been italian/Irish seem to push their italian culture A LOT MORE

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dago

Unread post by yardstick » May 30th, 2007, 11:12 pm

Most Irish and Italian organized factions have not been cool for a LONG time. There were bloody rivalries up until the 1990's in Boston between the Winter Hill Gang and the Partiarca family. There was also the bloody Danny Greene war between Greene and the Italians in Cleaveland that lasted until the late 70's.

Even the Westies had a somewhat uneasy rivalry with Italians. Italian crews were always trying to pull construction and union rackets in Hell's Kitchen. That's why Coonan jumped at the chance to form an alliance with the Gambino family.

You can be in LCN if you are mixed, as long as you are Italian or Sicilian on your paternal side. For example, John Gotti's kids are Russian Jewish on the maternal side, and Gotti Jr. was acting boss of the Gambino family at one point.

I think Jimmy Burke was full Irish (Burke was adopted as a toddler) and Henry Hill was Irish on his paternal side, so they could not be made into LCN. But they were associates since Burke proved he was a money maker, and Hill was vouched for. I think that Burke was known to the Lucchese family before he met the Thommy DeSimone (Burke used to pull rackets with soldiers and associates of the Lucchese family that het met in the pokey).

DeSimone was a young associate of the Lucchese family, who grew up with Henry Hill. DeSimones older brother Rosario used to be a heavywieght (or boss) in the LCN family that oversaw LA and San Diego in the 30's and 40's before it became the Rizotto (Dragna) family (Thommy's cousin Frank would take over later). He also had another brother that, James that worked out of Kansas City. Another brother, Tony, was a rat. He turned over on the Lucchese family.

And...Gravano is not half Irish. I think his dad was sicilian, and I think his mother was from the main land.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 28th, 2007, 7:27 pm

Generally speaking, members of the Mafia have to be white males of full Italian blood. During the 1990’s in New York, this rule was temporarily changed to allow men with only an Italian father to become made. This was due in no small part to allow John Gotti’s son John “Junior” Gotti to become made, even though he was half Italian and half Russian Jew. The rule of full Italian blood was reinstated in the early 2000’s. Over the years, there have been a handful of men who have been made even though they were only Italian on their mother’s side, but that has been very rare.

Return to “Europe (Western)”